Characters in Wasteland come from numerous backgrounds. Whether they were cryogenically frozen through the apocalypse or raised in a military stronghold, each character’s upbringing determines their attribute modifiers and what skills they excel in.
Time Traveler: The character is from the time before the collapse. Whether he was frozen in cryogenic stasis or hurled forward in time through a temporal anomaly, a time traveler possesses knowledge and skills long lost to the survivors.
- Attribute Modifiers: +2 Awareness, +2 IQ, -2 Toughness. Time Travelers are smarter and more attentive than most survivors, but they’re not nearly as hardy
- Skill Bonuses: +2 to all Knowledge checks. Time Travelers come from an age where knowledge was readily available.
Base-Born: The character was born on one of the few military bases to survive the apocalypse. Trained from birth to drill and fight, Base-Born are warriors by nature and nurture.
- Attribute Modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Toughness, -2 Charisma. Base-Born are strong and hardy but lack proper social skills.
- Skill Bonuses: +2 to Endurance and Athletics checks. Base-Born are trained to push their bodies beyond their normal limits.
Wastelander: The character was born and raised in the wasteland. Always on the move, the wastelander has learned to travel light and keep his head down. At home in the ruins of civilization, a Wastelander is better equipped than most to survive the harsh conditions of the new world.
- Attribute Modifiers: +2 Agility, +2 Awareness, -2 Strength. Wastelanders are nimble and quick on their feet, but they lack the physical strength that other survivors possess.
- Skill Bonuses: +2 to Perception and Survival checks. Wastelanders are good at staying alive and keeping an eye out for trouble.