In Wasteland, characters are defined by six attributes: Strength, Agility, Toughness, IQ, Awareness, and Charisma. Using a standard point buy system, characters are generated using 22 points. Below is a breakdown of the attributes that make up every character in Wasteland…
- Strength: Strength determines how strong a character is. It directly affects carrying capacity and melee damage.
- Agility: Agility is a measure of a character’s nimbleness. It directly affects how hard it is to hit a character in combat, ranged combat ability, and speed.
- Toughness: Toughness reflects how hearty a character is. It directly affects hit points, how well a character can stave off disease, and a character’s ability to push himself beyond his limits.
- IQ: IQ determines how smart a character is. It directly affects how much knowledge a character possesses and how well they operate technical or mechanical devices.
- Awareness: Awareness represents how well a character can perceive his surroundings. It directly affects a character’s ability to read others, sense things around him, and notice small details.
- Charisma: Charisma determines how well a character can interact with others. It directly affects social skills.